Good oral health is so much more than cavity-free teeth and healthy gums. Studies conducted over the past few years have shown that good oral health is related to your overall health as well. In fact, gum disease has been linked to diabetes, heart disease, and other more serious health problems. That’s why Dr. Reddy strongly encourages her patients from throughout the Hutto, TX, area to visit our office regularly for comprehensive periodic exams.
What to Expect During Your Visit
Dr. Reddy and the entire staff at Best Smiles Dental understand the importance of periodic exams. We make sure that each one we perform is as comprehensive as possible. In addition to thoroughly cleaning and polishing your teeth, you can expect the following during your visit:
- Dr. Reddy will thoroughly examine your teeth and gums, checking for signs of decay and/or gum disease
- Dr. Reddy will closely examine the condition of your existing dental work, including fillings, crowns, implants, bridges, etc.
- Dr. Reddy will perform an oral cancer screening, which consists of both a visual exam and use of screening tools specifically designed for this purpose
- X-rays may be taken, when needed
- The depth of gum tissue around each tooth may be measured; the results of which may be an indicator of gum disease
A Good Oral Health Regimen
Maintaining a daily oral hygiene routine at home plays a vital role in good oral health, so you should make sure that you brush at least twice a day and floss at once twice a day. But ensuring your good oral health requires more than that – it also involves comprehensive periodic exams that are conducted here at our office. Without these exams, you are putting yourself at risk for undetected problems getting worse – problems like tooth decay, gum disease, and oral cancer. Remember that oral cancer is often extremely difficult for the average patient to detect until it reaches the latter stages. Using specially designed oral cancer screening tools, Dr. Reddy can check for early signs of the disease – which, if caught early enough, is usually quite treatable.
Call Us Today
To schedule your comprehensive periodic exam, contact our Hutto, TX, office today. We are pleased to provide high quality dental services to patients from throughout the Hutto, TX, area.